6/20/2010

Night time entertainment

So yesterday and sort of today there was a huge (at least it was supposed to be huge and spectacular) and promising event in Vilnius. Night of the culture. Fancy name. But what is culture? Isn't it happening like... everyday and everywhere? Ok never mind, that let's start from the beginning. A serious rain event was clouding not only the skys but also the mood most of the day. Luckily (or not) it was over just when the event began. The program stated that there were 83 separate events. Holy shit I thought before setting out. An hour and a half into the night I was beginning to wonder where the hell was everything happening. 83 was no longer the number in my mind it somehow merged into 18 (and I am generous here). So the hide and seek game went on for the rest of the night and I wasn't winning. After hours of mediocre wandering around I began to search for the explanation of such vagueness. It can be basically boiled down to two things. 1. Quantity diminishes quality (Andy Warhole all over again) 2. Lack of concept turns into a mess (and not the good kind one). Having said some critical thoughts it would be only fair to admit that there were good things. After thinking it through I found that the positive experience came not from the event but rather from the people I spent it with. But isn't that usually the case? Naturally I made some photos. Just as they are blurry and confusing so are the experiences of this so called night of the culture. One final thought: if you want entertainment you usually have to entertain yourself. I rest my case but stay open for discutions.

1 comment:

  1. wow, you guys are really cool :) I almost jizzed my pants, when I finally found your blog in the. I see you dudes had a great time yesterday during the "cultural event". However, it doesn't allow you to SKIP FUCKIN' COMMAS!!

    ReplyDelete